Physical attributes vary with each person. Wearing clothes by matching your hair colour, eyes and skin tone help to enhance your individual features. Very often, you might have seen that the dress that looks beautiful in the store does not look well on you. Also, you might be addicted to a particular colour just like most people tend to do. This is because that single colour complements not only your skin tone but your hair and eyes too. So, buying the clothes of right colour is very important to enhance your looks.
Here are a few tips for selecting the clothes that go with you.
Know your skin tone
There are usually two undertones in people’s skin – cool and warm. These undertones help one choose the right coloured dress. Undertones can be determined by the colour of the veins on your hand. If the veins are green, you have a warm tone, whereas if you have blue veins, you have a cool tone. Your entire appearance can be changed by the right analysis of your undertone.
Identify your right profile
The colour red is used as the basis for choosing your profile.
• Warm based red – It includes orange and scarlet red along with a yellow touch. If warm based red clothes look good on you, then you have a warm profile. Peacock blue, dark green, orange, yellow, coral and watermelon are the ones that will suit you the most.
• Cool based red – If you look good in fuchsia violet, evergreen, cherry reds, peppermint and baby pink, then you have a cool profile. Navy or royal blue, black and grey are the best-suited for cool profile people.
Understand the colour wheel
The colour wheel helps to show the relationship between complementary, secondary and primary colours.
Complementary – Pick any colour of your choice and trace the finger to its opposite direction, in order to get two types of complementary colours, one being cool and other, warm. If they happen to complement on the wheel, they are likely to be suitable for your clothes as well. Place the colour chosen for your skin tone near your face to determine what looks best. It will further help you in picking the right accessories as well.
Analogous – The colours that are found to the right and left of your selected original colours are the analogous ones. They complement each other and thus, can enhance the beauty of your wardrobe.
Some tricks, tips and warnings
• Combine your favourite dress with your suitable colour to feel the difference it can make.
• If you are obsessed with a particular shade that doesn’t suit your skin tone, then use shoes and handbags of that shade.
• Confidence should always be projected, no matter what clothing you are into.